Glorious Morning

Glorious Morning

f/3.2, 1/200, ISO-1600, 50mm

I love the sky. There is almost always something to enjoy about it. Stars. Clouds. Snow and rain. And color. Goodness gracious, the color the sky can produce is astounding.

I got this picture on the way to work this morning, and probably made my carpool buddy late for his own job. I was lucky I didn’t break an axle, probably, as I drove over a small pasture in my Matrix to get to this spot. This is actually the same tree as in this photo from last April, from the other side.

This entry was posted in Autumn, Landscape, Natural Lighting, Nature, Photography and tagged , , , .

1. photosfromtheloonybin December 1, 2011 at 6:54 pm #

I love this photo, especially the old tree which gives the photo such incredible character. The sky is very addicting isn’t it? I can’t believe how many pictures I have of clouds, the moon, sunrises and sunsets.

• AJBopp December 1, 2011 at 7:53 pm #

I first noticed the sky starting to turn all beautiful on me about 10 minutes before I could get to this spot. I knew this tree was coming and I was holding my breath the whole way to see if I could make it before the effect was spoiled. Had I been another 5 minutes away I would have lost the whole effect. I do love the sky, but without a foreground the picture just doesn’t cut it for me. Which is unfortunate because I live in the midst of some of the most uninspiring countryside imagineable! πŸ™‚

2. Hoo Sze Ling December 1, 2011 at 7:38 pm #

This really caught my eye.

• AJBopp December 1, 2011 at 7:54 pm #

Thank you Hoo Sze! It’s always wonderful to hear that I’ve captured someone’s attention with a photograph, if even for only a few moments. It makes the effort entirely worthwhile.

3. Deremer Studios December 1, 2011 at 9:23 pm #

Beautiful gradient colors!

4. Meanderer December 2, 2011 at 4:26 am #

Oh wow! This is wonderful AJ. The layers of colours in the sky are beautiful and the tree silhouetted against those colours is wonderful. Super shot.

• AJBopp December 2, 2011 at 8:11 pm #

Thank you so much! I see a lot of really great sunrises on the way to work, but normally I’m in the middle of very flat land with absolute nothing on it as far as the horizon. This time I managed to be near a tree πŸ™‚

5. Nicole Ftacnik Photography December 2, 2011 at 6:34 am #

Oh my goodness… Breathtaking colors and I’m jealous! Wish we got stunning sunrises like that in Ohio πŸ™‚

• AJBopp December 2, 2011 at 8:10 pm #

I’m sure you do πŸ™‚ I’m just glad the mornings are starting late enough now that I can get my lazy butt out of bed to capture them!

6. Nels December 3, 2011 at 8:30 am #

Great photograph! I love to shoot a few shots on my way to the office, in a strange way it balances the day.

• AJBopp December 4, 2011 at 9:24 am #

I hadn’t thought about it quite like that, but you’re very right now that I consider it. I need to find a way to do it more often.

7. sunsetseasoul December 4, 2011 at 8:54 pm #

Glorious morning indeed! And glorious shot, too! I love it! The colors, the silhouette … it’s stunning!

8. KatiesCameraBlog December 16, 2011 at 5:56 pm #

This is simply gorgeous. Love your composition. πŸ™‚

• AJBopp December 17, 2011 at 12:11 pm #

I have a feeling I could spend the rest of my life quite happily taking pictures of that tree in various conditions.

9. Steve Schwartzman December 22, 2011 at 2:45 pm #

I’m with everyone else: this is a great sunrise photograph, made especially good by the arching dead tree. Definitely worth making someone late to work.

Steve Schwartzman