Night Mist

Night Mist

f/3.5, 10", ISO-200, 18mm

Yet one more of my night pictures. I liked the colors in this and the whole think has a kind of ethereal quality about it. It is badly out of focus and that’s why I have delayed posting it. But with nothing else in my backlog, and it likely being another week before I can do some serious photography, I thought I’d add this anyway and talk myself into believe the focus adds to the general feel of the image and that I actually planned it this way.

This entry was posted in Landscape, Moon, Natural Lighting, Nature, Night, Photography and tagged , , .

1. Peggy A Thompson January 16, 2012 at 11:52 am #

This is an excellent photo in my opinion as it adds to the mood of the photo. The tree branches are naturally somewhat blurred at this time of evening. The eye sees it this way, so why not the camera and the audience? Not all photographs need to be sharp and clear. It depends on the mood one is trying to express. Look at the wispy cloud cover over the moon. The over all fuzziness to the photo is great! Nice shot!

• AJBopp January 16, 2012 at 8:07 pm #

I appreciate the comments Peggy. Sometimes I really do need to look at my work through the eyes of others.

2. Peggy A Thompson January 16, 2012 at 11:52 am #

• AJBopp January 16, 2012 at 8:07 pm #

3. Nels January 16, 2012 at 7:00 pm #

Great photo! Nice work.

4. Nels January 16, 2012 at 7:00 pm #

Great photo! Nice work.

5. Fluffy Tufts January 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

I really like this. The soft focus and the colours give a feeling of magic! And I don’t know about you, but I think we could all do with a bit more magic in our lives 🙂

6. Fluffy Tufts January 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm #