Screwed

Screwed

f/5.6, 1/80, ISO-400, 33mm

It seems like the world is always more interesting when viewed from really up close. If I had the money for another lens, I would almost certainly get a good macro. In the meantime, I’ll have to struggle along with my kit 18-55mm. But I don’t mind so much when it can take interesting shots like this. I have to keep reminding myself that almost anything I find on the ground can be a great picture.

This entry was posted in Mechanical, Natural Lighting, Photography, Winter and tagged , , , , .

1. gerryfrederickdigital February 9, 2012 at 10:27 am #

Well done, great detail and color

• AJBopp February 9, 2012 at 6:06 pm #

Thanks so much! It’s always a fun surprise to blow an image up and find out it’s still in focus! 😉

2. photosfromtheloonybin February 9, 2012 at 11:37 am #

Oh I am so with you on this one!! Why does that money issue always have to get in the way of our fun? Oh well, one day……..

• photosfromtheloonybin February 9, 2012 at 11:37 am #

Great shot by the way!

• AJBopp February 9, 2012 at 6:07 pm #

Thanks! Someday, after my wife is tired of all the Kindles and other gadgets, maybe there will be room in the budget for a lens 🙂

• onelifethislife February 12, 2012 at 9:19 am #

Couldn’t agree with you more!

3. photosfromtheloonybin February 9, 2012 at 6:12 pm #

Hate to tell you AJ, but we wives never get tired of “all the Kindles and other gadgets”. LOL But, I would consider a new lens a gadget too. 🙂

4. photosfromtheloonybin February 9, 2012 at 6:12 pm #

5. ~mimo~ February 11, 2012 at 7:48 am #

Indeed the macro lens opens a whole world of abstractions, but this is pretty cool too! Thanks for your visit 🙂

• AJBopp February 11, 2012 at 2:50 pm #

Thanks for the kind words! Your blog is really, really inspiring. I could get lost in their very quickly!

6. ~mimo~ February 11, 2012 at 7:48 am #

• AJBopp February 11, 2012 at 2:50 pm #

7. Steve Schwartzman February 11, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

My mind, so used to nature photography, tricked me into first seeing a caterpillar rather than a screw.

Steve Schwartzman

8. Steve Schwartzman February 11, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

Steve Schwartzman

9. onelifethislife February 12, 2012 at 9:26 am #

Great photo. Lots of really good detail and color. I thought you may have used a macro lens for this shot. I have been lucky myself with my Canon kit lens to get great close-up. I got a pretty good deal on my macro lens when I bought my DSLR. And now that I look back, I am glad I did because I may not of purchased one for some time. Keep up the good work!

• AJBopp February 12, 2012 at 2:29 pm #

When I first got the camera I assumed that the 75-300 zoom would be my go to lens but now I feel like I’ve wasted my money on it. Haven’t used it much at all, and very few of the shots I really like were taken with it. I feel much more at home with macro work.

• onelifethislife February 12, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

Maybe it will be of use and give you the results you’re looking for in the future. One can hope… right?

10. onelifethislife February 12, 2012 at 9:26 am #

• AJBopp February 12, 2012 at 2:29 pm #

• onelifethislife February 12, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

11. KatiesCameraBlog February 13, 2012 at 9:01 am #

Oh, this is good. Love the strength of the screw against the greenery. Great shot!

12. KatiesCameraBlog February 13, 2012 at 9:01 am #

13. Bella Remy Photography February 13, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

Wonderful photographs and thank you for stopping by my blog. Look forward to sharing more.

• AJBopp February 13, 2012 at 7:44 pm #

Thank you! You can rest assured I’ll be stopping by your blog often. Your work is amazing.

14. Bella Remy Photography February 13, 2012 at 7:30 pm #