Tired Blaze

Tired Blaze

f/4.5, 1/100, ISO-100, 50mm

Here’s another shot of that sunset with power lines and a particularly ugly background. I think I composed this one a little better just from the standpoint that I at least have a foreground this time around, and it’s no more attractive than the background. But I have thing for rustic old junk like this, so I kinda like it. But again you’ll notice that I went way over the top on the color adjustment and caused harsh edges around the telephone poles. I’m not sure that was a wise choice, but it was at least a conscious one.

This entry was posted in Landscape, Mechanical, Natural Lighting, Photography, Winter and tagged , , , , , .

1. niasunset March 16, 2012 at 12:28 pm #

beautiful sunset time you captured… I loved the colours of the sky… Thank you, with my love, nia

• AJBopp March 16, 2012 at 7:36 pm #

Thanks for the lovely comment Nia! I love your blog and am so grateful to you took a few moments to browse through mine. Glad you liked the post. Sometimes I need to see my work through the eyes of others to really appreciate it!

• niasunset March 16, 2012 at 7:45 pm #

You are welcome AJBopp… We all need to see this… I am glad too that we met, your photography is so nice, and inspires me too… But to honest your avatar picture always makes me worry as if you have a pain… teeth, tooth, etc. 🙂 Thank you, I am joking… Have a nice weekend, with my love, nia

2. Bella Remy Photography March 16, 2012 at 4:59 pm #

I like this one much better than the other one. This one tells a story with a the sunset as its backdrop. The color boost looks good !

• AJBopp March 16, 2012 at 7:35 pm #

Thanks Bella! I like this one better too, though I have to admit that neither ranks as a favorite of mine. Sometimes you have to make due with what you are given though, and I did my best 🙂

• Bella Remy Photography March 16, 2012 at 7:40 pm #

You did a great job with the lighting and really highlighted the forefront. It also gave the scene some great depth. Regardless of the messy backdrop. But that is true Americana today isn’t it?

3. Di' March 19, 2012 at 11:01 pm #

I really like this photo, very dramatic, is it the end of a world, or the beginning of a new one…I choose the later 🙂