Snow Pattern

Snow Pattern

f/13, 1/250, ISO-400, 50mm

One of the more interesting things (to me) about this series of photos is that I rarely remembered to look at the LCD screen after taking them. It’s pretty much a first occurrence for me that I didn’t feel the need to double check my settings. It was almost like shooting with film again. I remember the catch I would always feel knowing I had a great shot in the camera…if it only turned out. In the last year, I’ve spent a lot of time looking the shots over in the LCD to make sure I had the adjustments right. This time, for the first time, I had an inner confidence that I didn’t need to double check. I knew I’d taken the shot I’d meant to. There have been a lot of days in the last year when I was sure I’d never reach this place. This is all the more interesting to me because snow pictures have traditionally given me a lot of trouble when figuring out what to meter and so on.

This entry was posted in Landscape, Natural Lighting, Photography, Winter and tagged , , , , .

1. niasunset March 18, 2012 at 9:26 am #

Amazing snow pattern you captured, I loved it. Thank you, with my love, nia

2. niasunset March 18, 2012 at 9:26 am #

Amazing snow pattern you captured, I loved it. Thank you, with my love, nia

3. gerryfrederickdigital March 18, 2012 at 9:31 am #

Man I sure like your stuff. it would be fun to walk with you somewhere.
    Gerry

• AJBopp March 18, 2012 at 12:15 pm #

Why thank you! But that would assume I am a fun guy to be around under any circumstances, which is always open to debate πŸ˜‰

4. gerryfrederickdigital March 18, 2012 at 9:31 am #

Man I sure like your stuff. it would be fun to walk with you somewhere.
    Gerry

• AJBopp March 18, 2012 at 12:15 pm #

5. Meanderer March 18, 2012 at 12:35 pm #

I like this a lot!

• AJBopp March 18, 2012 at 12:36 pm #

Thank you! I’ve been enjoying the heck out of everything you’ve been posting lately. You’re doing really great work!

6. Meanderer March 18, 2012 at 12:35 pm #

I like this a lot!

• AJBopp March 18, 2012 at 12:36 pm #

• Meanderer March 20, 2012 at 3:06 pm #

That’s so kind AJ; thank you.

7. Stephen L. Tyler March 18, 2012 at 2:48 pm #

No checking the LCD? Wow – you’ve arrived in a place few people dare go! Keep shooting!

• AJBopp March 18, 2012 at 3:53 pm #

Hah! I’m old enough to have learned on cameras where LCD viewfinders were the stuff of science fiction πŸ™‚ It does feel good to reach that level of confidence in my abilities though. I’m not at 100% yet (took a few really crappy exposures yesterday) but getting better!

• Stephen L. Tyler March 18, 2012 at 4:03 pm #

I’m probably older (ha ha), but when I grow up, I want to be just like you πŸ™‚

8. Stephen L. Tyler March 18, 2012 at 2:48 pm #

• AJBopp March 18, 2012 at 3:53 pm #

• Stephen L. Tyler March 18, 2012 at 4:03 pm #

I’m probably older (ha ha), but when I grow up, I want to be just like you πŸ™‚

9. Bella Remy Photography March 19, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

Let me guess..you shoot in RAW don’t you? After getting lasik, I can’t see close anymore without proper eyewear, so I just hope the focus is right.

10. Bella Remy Photography March 19, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

11. AJBopp March 20, 2012 at 3:51 pm #

Why yes, I do shoot in RAW πŸ™‚ I haven’t had lasik, but I do find that I can’t shoot for extended periods of time any more. My eye doctor tells me squinting too long causes blood circulation to be reduced to my eyes, and that in turns makes me unable to focus after awhile. It doesn’t cause any permanent threats, just an annoyance.

12. AJBopp March 20, 2012 at 3:51 pm #